Thoreau School Counselor: Mr. Botello
Hello, my name is Jesse Botello! I will be fulfilling the role as the school counselor at Thoreau for the remainder of the school year. I am in the process of completing my Master of Education degree in school counseling from Seattle Pacific University, and I am expected to graduate in early June!
A little about myself, I am a native Texan, and I am proud of my Tejano/Mexican culture. I love playing music, I am in the process of forming a new band with my friends! I also enjoy running, playing basketball, and attending trivia nights. My lifelong goal is to be a contestant on Jeopardy!
I look forward to meeting and collaborating with yall!
- I partner with teachers to deliver Social Emotional Lessons in all classrooms throughout the school year. This year counselor lessons will be in the form of Asynchronous activities and fun videos, so stay tuned!
SMALL GROUP COUNSELING
- Group counseling is available for students who may need counseling support. Group topics include: Friendship, Family Changes, Social Skills, Self-Regulation, Anxiety.
- I will see a student individually for various reasons, but I do not provide on-going therapy. I have a list of local counselors if needed. Contact me if interested.
CONNECTION TO RESOURCES
- See below for resources or reach out directly for help.
A Mindful Moment with Ms. Powers
- Pantry Packs: Pantry Packs are a pack of kid-friendly non-perishable snacks and pantry items for the weekend. If you would like to receive pantry packs, please contact the counselor.
- LWSD Child Care Resources
- The YMCA LEAP Academy. LWSD Locations: Sandburg, Mead, Mann, Rush and Dickinson.
- Child Care for Essential Workers through Boys and Girls Club
- Child Care Aware of Washington
- Extended Day: LWSD extended day programs are operating at Frost, Keller, Kirk and Clara Barton Elementary Schools.
- Application form
- Rates: Rates: $265/week; $55/day
Mental Health Help
- Youth East Side Services. Counseling agency providing telehealth services and some in-person services. phone: 425-747-4937 website: https://www.youtheastsideservices.org/